TRIFED joins hands with ‘The Link Fund’ for tribal development
On April 29, 2021, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation (TRIFED) and The Link Fund signed an agreement for sustainable livelihoods of Indian tribal families.
It may be noted that the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India-TRIFED acts as the main institution for the empowerment of tribal people.
- Its main objective is to seek new options and measures to improve the livelihoods and lives of tribal people in India.
- For this purpose, TRIFED has entered into an agreement with The Link Fund, a philanthropic organization working in the public interest. The aim is to remove extreme poverty in the tribal community and reduce the ill effects of climate change.
About the agreement:
- Under this agreement, they will work towards tribal employment generation and development. Under this, assistance will be provided for the quality promotion of the products being manufactured by the tribal groups, and to increase the value of the products manufactured by them, technical training will be provided to them for skill training and quality enhancement of their micro forest products as well as diversification in the forest products being made.This will create employment and increase their income along with sustainable livelihoods.
- They will also create women-centers which will promote innovation, infrastructure and entrepreneurship among tribal women.
The Link Fund Society:
- The Link Fund Society is a philanthropic organization. Its headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland. It works to eradicate poverty in the most backward communities and to protect them from the ill effects of climate change.
- This fund works towards providing basic human needs on a large scale for education, nutrition, and women economic empowerment etc. in backward communities.
- It mainly focuses on India, USA, Mali, Indonesia, Mali, Nigeria, Nepal, Mauritania and Senegal. It provides funds to meet the basic needs of the world’s poorest population.
Other efforts of the government for the tribal people
- TRIFED recently launched the ‘SANKLAP SE SIDHI’ initiative. It is a 100-day initiative to activate the Van DhanVikasKendras. Simultaneously, in April 2021, TRIFED launched the Tribes India competition.
- In March, 2021, TRIFED implemented the Floriculture Mission in 21
- TRIFED is constructing a tri-food park also. It is a joint initiative between the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the Ministry of Food Processing.Raw materials will be procured from tribal people in Tri-food Park and processed, which will help farmers to sell at better prices.
Source – PIB