The National Agriculture Market (e NAM)
- The National Agriculture Market is an online trading platform for agricultural produce, aims to help farmers, traders and buyers is online trading, and to get better prices through easy marketing.
- Recently more than 69 crore farmers and 1.55 lakh traders have registered on the National Agriculture Markets (e-NAM) platform.
- Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC), under the aegis of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, is the principal agency for the implementation of ‘e-NAM’.
Benefits of National Agriculture Markets (e NAM):
- For Local Traders in Mandis/Market: The National Agriculture Markets (e-NAM) provides access to a large national market for secondary level trade.
- Wholesale buyers, processors, exporters etc., are able to trade directly at the local mandi/market level through the ‘e-NAM’ platform, thereby reducing their intermediation costs.
- For farmers, e-NAM provides more options for selling agricultural produce. It expands the reach of agricultural produce to markets through warehouse-based sales and thus there is no need to take agricultural produce to the market.
Source – PIB