Teachers Training Programme – NISHTHA
Recently, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and NCERT come together on a joint mission for NISHTHA Capacity Building Programme for EMRS Teachers and Principals.
What is NISHTHA?
National initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement Program- NISHTHA is a national campaign to significantly improve learning outcomes at the elementary level. It is conducted through ‘Integrated Teacher Training Programme’. It is the largest teacher training program of its kind in the world. It was started in the year 2019-20 as a centrally sponsored scheme under the ‘Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan’.
The objective of the NISTHA program is to motivate teachers to develop and encourage critical thinking in students, and to build the capacity of all teachers and school principals at the elementary level.
The training program will be conducted directly by the Resource Persons (KRP) and State Resource Persons (SRP) of 33120 identified by the State and Union Territories, and will be provided under the ‘National Training Educational Plan and Administration’. Institute’ (National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration-NIEPA) ‘National Council of Educational Research and Training-NCERT’, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), Central Secondary Education Will be trained by 120 ‘National Resource Persons’ identified by the Board (CBSE) and the NGO.
- Improving students’ learning outcomes.
- Creation of an enabling and rich inclusive classroom environment.
- Teachers will be trained as first level counselors to be alert and responsive to the social, emotional and psychological needs of the students.
- The teachers will be trained to use the ‘art’ as an art of pedagogy, which will enhance the creativity of the students.
- Teachers will be trained to develop and strengthen their personal-social qualities for the holistic development of the students.
- Creating a healthy and safe school environment.
- Integration of ICT in teaching-learning and assessment.
- To develop stress free school based assessment focused on development of learning ability.
Source – PIB