SuSwagatam portal for e-passes to enter Supreme Court
Recently Chief Justice of India (CJI) Justice Dr. Dhananjay Yashwant Chandrachud announced the launch of ‘SuSwagatam’ portal.
It is an online platform that provides the facility of issuing e-passes for entry into the apex court.
- ‘SuSwagatam’ is a user-friendly web application, which enables advocates, visitors and trainees to register online and request e-passes for various purposes including attending court hearings and holding meetings with advocates.
- The ‘Suswagatam’ portal was launched as a pilot project from July 25, 2023.
- More than 10,000 e-passes have been issued through the portal on a pilot basis till 9th August.
- The ‘Su’ in the welcome stands for the Supreme Court.
- Users can choose from different validity periods like daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly depending on their requirements and police clearance certificates.
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
- The Constitution of India provides for the establishment of the Supreme Court in India (Article 124).
- The Supreme Court of India came into existence on 28 January 1950.
- The Supreme Court of India formerly known as the Federal Court of India was established in 1937 under the Government of India Act 1935.
Source – The Hindu