Student Credit Card Scheme
Recently, ‘Student Credit Card Scheme’ has been started by the West Bengal Cabinet. With the help of ‘Student Credit Card Scheme’, a soft loan of up to Rs10 lakh will be provided to the students studying in higher education.
Key features of the plan
- Under this scheme, any student who has studied at least up to class 10 in West Bengal can take advantage of the scheme.
- This loan will be available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral studies abroad besides education in India.
- Any one person will be eligible for the scheme till the age of 40 The student who will get the benefit under the scheme will be given 15 years to pay off the loan after getting the job.
- Under the scheme, students of class 10th or above are eligible to get loans. It is to be noted that at present there are about twelve lakh students in class 10th and more than nine lakh students in class 12th in the state, who will be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
- This new scheme will also help the parents of the students a lot, because now they will not have to take loans through various informal means for higher education of their children.
Source – Indian Express