The State of the World’s Children 2023
Recently UNICEF has released ‘The State of the World’s Children (SOWC) 2023: For Every Child, Vaccination Report’.
The report presents an agenda for prioritizing childhood immunization.
It uses as a basis the global strategies included in the Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi Strategy 5.0 to promote equity and sustainably advance immunization coverage.
- Providing immunization to every child everywhere through the following,
- Vaccinating the children who were deprived of vaccination during the epidemic,
- Identification of zero-dose (missing or missed) and incomplete-vaccination children. India was among the top 20 countries with the highest number of zero-dose children.
- Mobilizing demand for vaccination by reaching out to communities;
- Tackling gender barriers and rethinking accountability in health systems.
In India, the digital health platform TeCHO+ (Technology Enabled Community Health Operations) and the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (EVIN) have increased vaccination coverage. Also, the data entry efficiency has also increased.
Source – The Hindu