State of India’s Livelihood: SOIL Report 2021 released
Recently the State of India’s Livelihood (SOIL) report 2021 has been released.
This report has been released by Access Development Services, a national livelihood support organisation. Only Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) have been analyzed in this report.
Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOS) provide collective power to the farmers for better access to quality inputs, technology, credit and improved marketing options through comprehensive cost-effectiveness for getting fair and better income.
Key points of the report:
- In the last seven years, only 1-5 percent of farmer producer organizations have received funding for incentives under the schemes of the central government.
- Out of the total registered FPOs under Equity Grant Scheme and Credit Guarantee Scheme, only 5 per cent have been able to receive grants.
- The FPOs registered under the Companies Act constitute a vast group of organizations, whereas the number of FPOs registered as Co-operative Societies is very less.
Initiatives taken by the Government to promote Farmer Producer Organizations
- The National Policy to support EPOs was implemented in the year 2013.
- Establishment and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) is a central sector scheme launched in the year 2020.
- Producers Organization Development and Upliftment Corpus (PRODUCE) fund has been set up by NABARD to promote and nurture early stage FPOs.
Source – The Hindu