Youth destination IAS

Special Assistance Measure (SAM) to Andhra Pradesh

Share with Your Friends

Special Assistance Measure (SAM) to Andhra Pradesh

Recently, it has been recommended to give Special Assistance Measure (SAM) to Andhra Pradesh on the lines of Special Category State (SCS) status.

  • On the basis of the liability arising out of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014, the recommendations of the Finance Commissions and the report of the NITI Aayog, a provision for special assistance measures was made for the state of Andhra Pradesh.
  • Special assistance measures will be provided by way of repayment of loan and interest for Externally Aided Projects (EAP) signed and disbursed by the State during 2015-16 to 2019-20.
  • The special category state status was first proposed in the year 1969. It is a centrally-provided classification to assist in the development of states that face geographical and socio-economic disadvantages such as mountainous areas, strategic international borders, economic and infrastructural backwardness, and non-viable state finances.
  • The Fourteenth Finance Commission restricted the status of a special category state only to the north-eastern and three hill states.
  • Under the special category state category, the central government pays 90% of the state expenditure on all centrally sponsored schemes and external aid, while the remaining 10% is given as loans to the state at zero percent rate of interest.
  • The unspent money does not lapse and is carried forward. Special category states have been given exemption from customs duty, corporate tax, income tax and other taxes to attract investment.

Source – The Hindu

Download Our App

MORE CURRENT AFFAIRS

Register For Latest Notification

Register Yourself For Latest Current Affairs

August 2022
M T W T F S S
« Jul    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Mains Answer Writing Practice

Recent Current Affairs (English)

Current Affairs (हिन्दी)

Subscribe Our Youtube Channel

Click to Join Our Current Affairs WhatsApp Group

In Our Current Affairs WhatsApp Group you will get daily Mains Answer Writing Question PDF and Word File, Daily Current Affairs PDF and So Much More in Free So Join Now

Register now

Get Free Counselling Session with mentor

Hello!

Login to your account

Open chat
1
Youth Destination IAS . PCS
To get access
- NCERT Classes
- Current Affairs Magazine
- IAS Booklet
- Complete syllabus analysis
- Demo classes
https://online.youthdestination.in/