“Smart Cities, Smart Urbanization” conference organized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
Recently the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has organized “Smart Cities, Smart Urbanization” conference.
Major initiatives were launched during the conference:
- Virtual Hub for Collaboration on Urban Transformation: This initiative has been launched to leverage emerging technologies and innovations. It has started in partnership between the Smart Cities Mission and the World Economic Forum.
- Urban Outcome Framework 2022: Artificial Intelligence Playbook for Cities and AMPLIFI (Assessment and Monitoring Platform for Living, Inclusive and Future Ready Urban India) portals have been launched.
MoHUA has announced that Integrated Command and Control Centers (ICCC) will be set up in all Smart Cities by August 15, 2022. ICCC provides services to citizens in the areas of traffic management, health, water etc. ICCCs have already been provided to 80 smart cities.
Smart Cities Mission –
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme. It was started in the year 2015. It aims to enable the development of the local area.
- Also, using technology is to promote economic development and improve the quality of life of the people.
- 100 cities were selected for this mission. The cities have been selected through a two-stage national competition.
- The central government will provide financial assistance of Rs 48000 crore in 5 years. An average of Rs 100 crore will be provided per city per year.
- A similar amount will be provided by the State/Urban Local Bodies. It emphasizes on public-private partnership.
Implementation: The implementation of this mission will be done by the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) set up for this purpose.
Source – The Hindu