The Kerala government has recently given permission for land acquisition for the ‘SilverLine Project’.
- Through this project, the southern part of the state and the state capital ‘Thiruvananthapuram’ will be connected with the northern part of Kasaragod.
- For this, a semi-high-speed railway corridor is to be constructed in the state under this scheme. This line will be about 45 km long.
- In this 11 districts of the state will be connected through 11 On completion of this project, the journey from Kasaragod to Thiruvananthapuram will be completed in 4 hours.
- This project will be completed by the ‘Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited’ (KRDCL) by the year ‘Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited’ is a joint venture between the Government of Kerala and the Union Ministry of Railways.
- The load on the existing railway infrastructure of the state can be reduced through the ‘SilverLine’ project. Along with this, fast public transport facility will also be available to the residents of the state. This will reduce congestion on the roads and also reduce the number of accidents and deaths like road accidents.
Source: The Hindu