School Innovation Ambassador Training Program : SIATP
Recently, the School Innovation Ambassador Training Program (SIATP) has been launched.
The program has been designed by the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education in partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA).
- This is a one of its kind training program of innovative nature for school teachers. It aims to provide training to 50,000 school teachers on topics like Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property Rights, and Design Thinking etc.
- These trained teachers will be designated as ‘Innovation Ambassadors’.
Significance of SIATP:
- It will help in providing quality education to children in tribal areas, and create creativity in children.
- This is in line with the National Policy on Education (NEP), which emphasizes on nurturing young students for problem solving and critical thinking at the school level.
Various measures by the government to ensure the quality of education in schools
- Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS) will be immensely benefited from SIATP to provide the best possible education to the tribal children.
- “Samagra Shiksha” is an integrated program for school education to ensure an inclusive and equitable quality education at all levels.
- National Initiative for National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement: NISHTHA is the most comprehensive teacher training program to improve learning outcomes at the elementary level.
Source – PIB