SARTHAQ Program to fulfill the objectives of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020
Recently, a high-level meeting was organized in New Delhi on the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 which was chaired by the Union Minister of Education.
In order to assist the States and Union Territories in pursuing the goals and objectives of the New National Education Policy-2020 throughout the country, the Department of School Education and Literacy has developed indicative and suggestive plan for school education. This indicative and suggestive’ scheme of the government has been named ‘SARTHAQ’.
The following objectives of the National Education Policy-2020 will be implemented through the SARTHAQ Scheme
- The main aim of the SARTHAQ program is to create holistic development of students at the primary and secondary levels and a safe, inclusive and conducive learning environment for teachers.
- This curriculum will pave the way for reform, including the outline of new national and state curriculum for schooling as well as early childhood care and education.
- Under this program, focus will be on improving the gross enrollment ratio of children and reducing the drop out of school students.
- In this program it will implement vocational education, sports, arts, knowledge of India, 21st-century skills, values of citizenship, awareness of environment conservation in the curriculum.
- Also, it will also improve the quality of teacher education programs.
Early Childhood Care and Education
- It is an initiative by UNESCO aimed at ensuring the objectives of ‘Sustainable Development Goal – 4 (SDG- 4)’, focused on education.
- It should be noted that, ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all is the objective of SDG-
Source – PIB