Upload Your Answer Down Below
Question – How Emotional Intelligence (EI) enhances the effectiveness of leadership skills of a civil servant. Investigate it. – 2 May
Emotional intelligence is defined as the ability to understand and manage your own emotions, as well as recognize and influence the emotions of those around you.Emotional intelligence is valuable in multicultural society because it has the following benefits:
- Develop interpersonal skills, teamwork, negotiation, networking and other important social skills
- Having public-oriented features with a high sensitivity for diversity
- Relating to integrity, honesty and trustworthiness and cultural sensitivity and norms of behavior
- Commitment and resolution meetings in terms of credibility and credibility
Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and manage one’s own and others’ feelings. It is the ability to convert emotions from an inhibitory element to an intelligible element. This includes self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, equalization and related social skills that help a civil servant effectively lead on various occasions.
Application of EI by an Administrator:
- EI enables a leader to be conscious of personal limitations and use personal strengths to further the work of achieving organizational goals.
- It allows mental clarity that leadership demands for taking the right decisions and deal with conflicting situations rationally.
- It helps in developing healthy working relationships by better understanding the strengths and weaknesses of co-workers and maintaining a healthy rapport with people.
- An empathetic individual can read emotional currents, picking up on nonverbal cues such as tone of voice or facial expression, thereby better understanding the needs and demands of other people and acting accordingly.
- It helps an administrator to persuade, convince, or impact others in order to get them to support a specific agenda or course of action.
The civil servant as an administrator has the responsibility to act as the vanguard of society. In this context, utilization of emotional intelligence skills can assist him\ her in the attainment of this goal and enhance the quality of decision-making, deal with complex situations effectively.