Recently India’s biggest naval infrastructure project ‘Project Seabird’ has been the subject of discussion.
The objective of this project is to build a naval base at ‘Karwar’ on the west coast of India.
About Project Seabird
- After becoming a naval base at ‘Karwar’, the Karwar naval base will become India’s largest biggest base on the west coast and the biggest naval base east of the Suez Canal.
- It will further strengthen the strategy of the military operational of the Armed Forces and help in enhancing trade, economy and aid humanitarian operations.
China launches first bullet train in Tibet near Indian border
- It may be noted that China has started operating its first fully electrified bullet train in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet.
- This bullet train connects Lhasa, the capital of the Tibetan province, and the strategically located city of Nyingchi near Arunachal Pradesh.
- This railway line is a part of the ‘Sichuan–Tibet railway’. This railway line crosses the Brahmaputra River (Yarlung Zangbo) sixteen times.
Source – The Hindu