Priyanka Mohite became the first Indian female climber to scale Mount Annapurna
- Recently, Priyanka Mohite of Satara in western Maharashtra has set a new record by climbing the world’s tenth highest mountain peak ‘Mount Annapurna’.
- She became the first Indian woman climber to achieve this feat. Priyanka Mohite had earlier climbed successfully the world’s highest peak ‘Mount Everest’ (8,849 meters) in 2013, ‘Mount Lhotse’ (8,516 meters) in 2018, ‘Mount Makalu’ (8,485 meters) and ‘Mount Kilimanjaro (5,894 meters) in
- ‘Priyanka Mohite has also been awarded the’ Shiv Chhatrapati Rajya Puraskar ‘for Adventure Games for the year 2017-2018 by the Government of Maharashtra.
- ‘Mount Annapurna’ is a mountainous region of the Himalayas in Nepal, which has more than 8,000 meters high peaks.
- Mount Annapurna is the tenth highest mountain in the world, but is considered one of the most dangerous mountains in the world.
- On June 3, 1950, French mountaineers Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal conquered ‘Mount Annapurna’ for the first time.
Source – Indian Express