Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS) Scheme
The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS) Scheme for Promotion of Heritage.
- PM Development is a scheme of the Ministry of Minority Affairs. The scheme focuses on the socio-economic-educational empowerment of minorities. Under this, special attention will be given to artisan communities, women and youth.
- At least 33% of the total targets of the scheme have been set for women. One of the components of the scheme is aimed at providing entrepreneurship and leadership support especially to women.
- Under this, aspiring women entrepreneurs will be provided intensive training for entrepreneurship development.
- 10% of these women trained as entrepreneurs will also be selected as business mentors based on their leadership qualities.
Other programs related to skill development and employment for minorities
- Nai Manzil: Under this, formal education (class VIII or X) and skills are provided. Its objective is to enable the beneficiaries to get better employment and livelihood.
- Nai Roshni Yojana: Its objective is to empower minority women and instill confidence in them. Under this, knowledge, tools and techniques are provided for the development of leadership among women.
- USTTAD (Upgrading the skill and Training In Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development : USTTAD) scheme has also been started for development of skills in traditional arts/crafts.
- Garib Nawaz Self-Employment Scheme: Under this, provision has been made for short-term employment oriented skill development courses for the youth of minority groups. This will enable them for skill based employment.
- Backup to Brilliance policy has been adopted.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram has been expanded across the country.
- Hunar Haat is organized.
- “Learn and Earn” scheme has been started.
Source – The Hindu