Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana, the third Jan Aushadhi Day celebrations started from 1 March 2021, which will run till 7.
- On this occasion, various activities like health checkup Camp, Jan Aushadhi Paricharcha, Jan Aushadhikasath are being organised in the country.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Project (PMBJP) is a scheme launched by the Pharmaceutical Department of the Government of India, which aims to provide affordable but quality medicines to the public through PMBJP centers.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Project (PMBJP) has been started by the Department of Pharmaceuticals functioning under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
- Its goal is to provide affordable and quality medicines to the people of the country, through the ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra’.
- It is known that to provide generic medicines, several distribution centers have been set up under this scheme, which is called the Prime Minister’s Bharatiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- These Jan Aushadhi Kendras have been set up to provide generic medicines equivalent to expensive branded medicines in quality and efficacy at low cost.
- Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India – BPPI has been the implementing agency for this scheme. It is established by the Pharmaceutical Department of the Central Government.
- Government of India is revolutionizing the face of healthcare system through notable schemes like PMBJP that have been providing over 900 quality generic-medicines and 154 surgical equipment & consumable at affordable prices for every citizen of the nation.
Role of Jan aushadhi Kendra:
- 5,050 Jan Aushadhi Kendra have been opened in 652 districts in the country.10-15 lakhs are being benefited daily from these centers. It is to be known that in the last three years, the consumption of generic drugs in the market has increased from 2% to 7%, which is now triple.
- Due to Jan Aushadhi medicines, the expenses of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases have reduced significantly. These medicines are 50 to 90 percent cheaper than the market price.
Source – PIB