PM KISAN Scheme Completes 2 years
Recently two years of the ambitious “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM- Kisan) Yojana” of the Government of India has been completed.
- The PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Schemes was announced by Union Minister Piyush Goyal in the financial budget 2019-20.
- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs. 6,000 per year will be provided to eligible small and medium farming families with joint holdings / ownership of two hectares.
- This amount will be provided in three installments of Rs. 2000.
Benefits of the scheme:
- The process of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) through the scheme transparently ensures digitally authentic payments to bank accounts of the beneficiaries without human intervention.
- All payments for the schemes of the Government of India are being made through DBT.
- Successful operation of electronic transfer of funds under the PM-Kisan scheme by the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in such a short period of time to the accounts of a large number of beneficiaries is a landmark achievement of the PM-Kisan Yojana, which has further strengthened the Digital India initiative of the Government of India.
Source – PIB