PM Inaugurates IN-SPACe HQ in Ahmedabad
Recently the Prime Minister has inaugurated the In-Space (IN-SPACe) Headquarters at Bopal (Ahmedabad).
- The Indian National Center for Space Enhancement and Authorization (IN-SPACE) was established in the year 2020. It aims to encourage private investment and innovation in the space industry.
- In-Space is an independent nodal agency under the Department of Space (DOS). This will allow space related activities and use of facilities owned by the Department of Space by non-government private entities (NGPEs). Also, it will give a boost to launch activities.
- The appointment to the post of its Chairman will be approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. The institution will have experts from technical, academia and industry, legal and strategic fields. Apart from these, members from the Prime Minister’s Office and the Ministry of External Affairs will also be involved.
- The decision of In-Space will be final and binding on all stakeholders, including the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
It will allow and monitor the following activities of Non-Government Private Entities (NGPEs):
- Space activities, including the construction of launch vehicles and satellites, and the provision of space-based services.
- Sharing of space infrastructure and premises and setting up of temporary facilities within the premises controlled by ISRO.
- Establishment of new space infrastructure and facilities by non-government private entities.
- Launch campaign and launch.
Benefits for the space sector:
- Will open up the space sector to the private sector, increasing their role.
- Removal of regulations and restrictions will encourage innovation and innovation.
- Will make space based applications and services widely accessible. This will be possible through the sharing of space facilities, and their establishment.
Source – The Hindu