Permission to Test Covaxinin Children
Permission to test Covaxinin children
- Recently the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has approved Bharat Biotech to test Covaxin for children.
- Presently testing of Covaxin was permitted for use in people over 18 years of age. After getting permission from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI), Bharat Biotech will now conduct clinical trials of ‘Covaxin’ between the ages of 2 to 18
- During this trial, the safety of the vaccine, its adverse effects, and immunity aspects will be studied in this age group.
- Covaxin is one of two COVID-19 vaccines used in India’s mass vaccination campaign against the coronavirus.
- This vaccine is developed by Bharat Biotech Limited with the help of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- This vaccine is developed by inactivating the disease-causing living microorganisms; it is the only indigenous corona vaccine in India.