According to North West District Delhi Police recently, the number of calls to the police control room has come down by 24% after the launch of ‘Operation Sajag’.
The Deputy Commissioner of Police, North West District said that keeping in view the guidelines of the Commissioner of Police, a special drive was launched to prevent criminal incidents like snatching, dacoity, vehicle theft.
- According to the police, 8006 criminals and anti-social elements, including robbers and snatchers, have been arrested since the start of the operation.
- There has been a drastic drop of 24% in PCR calls due to ‘Operation Sajag’ and other such effective policing methods implemented by the police.
- Preventive action has increased by 47%.
- Street crime has declined by 33 per cent.
About Operation Sajag
‘Operation Sajag’ was launched on October 4, 2021 with an aim to curb the incidents of street crime. It was started by North West District Delhi Police. The initiative involves in-depth investigations and special searches. As part of this operation, patrolling was also increased by adding more patrol bikes in the area to control street crimes and nab the criminals. The operation primarily focused on tracing the source of firearms, illicit alcohol, drugs and stolen property.
Strategies adopted under the operation
The strategies adopted under this operation include:
- Extensive highway patrol with special focus on night patrol
- foot and group patrol
- Dynamic deployment with focus on specific areas
- GPS Monitored Vehicle Patrol
- Establishment of field dominance booths
Source: The Hindu