Green Grids Initiative-One Sun One World One Grid (GGI-OSOWOG) Northwest Europe Cooperative Event
Recently Green Grid Initiative: One Sun One World One Grid (GGI-OSOWOG) Northwest Europe cooperative event has been organized.
The event is being organized by COP26 Presidency, International Solar Alliance (ISA), World Bank, United Kingdom and India in partnership with Wilton Park.
OSOWOG is an initiative of India to create a global ecosystem of interconnected renewable energy resources. It connects 140 countries through a shared grid.
The core scheme of OSOWOG has been developed under the Technical Assistance Program of the World Bank. The scheme has been implemented to ensure rapid deployment of grid-connected rooftop solar installations.
The vision behind the OSOWOG initiative is “The Sun Never Sets”, as it rises at any given time in any geographic location globally. The implementation of the plan is divided into three major phases:
- Phase 1 ensures connectivity across the Asian continent.
- Phase 2 connects the functional Phase I to the pool of renewable resources in Africa.
- Phase 3, aims to achieve global interconnection.
Importance of OSOWOG:
- To assist all its participating entities to attract effective investments in renewable energy sources using technology, finance and skills
- Global collaboration will increase investment in R&D centres.
Source – The Hindu