One Nation – One Ration Card
- The government has launched “My Ration Mobile App” in the country on March 12, 2021.
- This app will be especially beneficial for those people who move from their homes to some other place for their livelihood.
- This app has been started under the ‘One Nation One Ration Card scheme’.
“Mera Ration mobile application”
- The app has been developed by the government in collaboration with the National Informatics Center (NIC). The app has been developed to facilitate the services related to the “One Nation-One Ration Card” system for the beneficiaries of the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- It will provide a range of services to migrant beneficiaries, FPS (Fair Price Shop) dealers and other related stakeholders.
- This app will also help in identifying the nearest fair price shop. This benefit will be given to those ration card holders who will move to other areas for livelihood.
- This mobile application will be launched in 14 languages. It is currently available in English and Hindi. With the help of this app, beneficiaries can easily see the details of food entitlement, recent transactions and their Aadhaar seeding status.
- Migrant beneficiaries can also enter their migration details with the help of this application. Beneficiaries can also submit their suggestions or feedback.
One Nation One Card Scheme
- It is a national scheme which ensures that all the people who benefit from the public distribution system, especially those moving from one place to another, can get food grains from any PDS shop of their choice within the country.
- The scheme is being implemented under the National Food Security Act. Its purpose is to eliminate fake, ineligible and, duplicate ration cards.
As a result of this scheme, the beneficiary will not be bound to any one PDS shop and, his dependence on the people running such shops will be reduced and this way, cases of corruption will also decrease.
Source – PIB