New finance secretary T.V. Somanathan
- Recently, T.V. Somanathan, who was the Expenditure Secretary in the Union Ministry of Finance, has been appointed as the Finance Secretary of India.
- Somanathan is a 1987 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre. Somanathan was given the post of Expenditure Secretary in December 2019.
- It should be noted that the senior most among all secretaries in the Ministry of Finance is nominated as Finance Secretary. T.V. Somanathan was the most senior of all secretaries in the Ministry of Finance.
- V. Somanathan appointment as Finance Secretary has been given final approval by a committee appointed by the Union Cabinet.
- V. Somanathan holds a PhD degree in Economics from the University of Calcutta, Apart from this, he has also received ‘Executive Development Program’ diploma from Harvard Business School.
Source – Indian Express