National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) has signed an MoU with National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Foundation and Rural Electrification Corporation (REC).
National Sports Development Fund: NSDF
- This fund was established in the year 1998 under the Charitable Endowments Act,
- It was notified by the Government of India in November
- The objective of this fund is to provide momentum and flexibility to support sports in India.
- This fund comes under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It helps in providing various training opportunities to the players from coaches of international repute.
- It provides financial assistance for infrastructure development and other activities to promote sports.
Source – The Hindu