National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) has signed an MoU with National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Foundation and Rural Electrification Corporation (REC).
Its objective is to promote the development of sports in India.
National Sports Development Fund: NSDF
- This fund was established in the year 1998 under the Charitable Endowments Act,
- It was notified by the Government of India in November
- The objective of this fund is to provide momentum and flexibility to support sports in India.
- This fund comes under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It helps in providing various training opportunities to the players from coaches of international repute.
- It provides financial assistance for infrastructure development and other activities to promote sports.
Source – The Hindu