Recently the Ministry of Education has launched National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) 3.0 to provide Best Developed Education Technology (Ed-Tech) solutions.
National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) 3.0 will act as a single platform to provide best developed Ed-tech solutions and various courses to the students of the country.
It has the following objectives:
- Providing best developed technical solutions in education sector
- To increase employability of youth on a single platform for the convenience of the learners
- These solutions use Artificial Intelligence (AI) for personalized and customized learning experiences for better learning outcomes and skill development in allied areas.
- During Phase I, the portal was launched as a pilot phase only in Government Colleges of India approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Benefits of NEET 3.0 and Ed-Tech
- This will help in bridging the digital divide especially among the economically disadvantaged students.
- Scale-and-speed will be enabled using a ‘direct to the device model’.
- Geographical barriers can be removed. This will help the students to get high quality education.
- Under this, teachers will play the role of facilitator and curator while managing remotely.
- In related headlines, the government has also launched technical books prescribed by AICTE in regional languages.
- Teaching in regional languages is one of the key features of the National Education Policy of India 2020 (NEP 2020).
- Diverse languages help at the grassroots level in building an innovative society.
Source – The Hindu