Recently the Mysuru Declaration of Service Delivery by Panchayats has been signed.
This announcement has been issued by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Its objective is to recognize citizen centric services as the center of governance.
Participants from 16 states have signed the Mysuru Declaration. Also, from 1st April 2022, Panchayats across the country have resolved to start Common Minimum Service Delivery.
- The Mysuru Declaration recognizes efforts to promote inclusive and responsible local self-government in the delivery of services.
- It emphasizes on timely and quality delivery of services.
- It focuses on maintaining the value of openness in its engagement with citizens.
Citizen Centric Service:
- It is changing the understanding of government to view service delivery from the point of view of citizens (prioritizing the needs of citizens) rather than the operational or other imperatives of the government system.
- It is one of the discourse issues related to governance, which is based on meeting the aspirations of the citizens.
This approach enables the government to:
- To achieve the required efficiency gains and improve service delivery levels.
- To increase the use of online services, thereby improving sustainability and encouraging investment in e-governance.
- To improve the satisfaction of citizens attached to government services.
- To improve the quality of life.
Source – The Hindu