Ministry of AYUSH launched ‘Namaste Yoga mobile app’
Recently, on the occasion of 7th International Day of Yoga (IDY), Curtain Razor event program was organized. It should be noted that every year International Yoga Day is organized on 21st June.
A mobile application named “Namaste Yoga” has also been launched during the same program. This app has been designed as an information platform for the people. The objective of ‘Namaste Yoga’ is to spread awareness among the people about Yoga and make it accessible to the people.
- The event was organized by the Ministry of AYUSH in association with Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
- In view of International Yoga Day, a series of 10 episodes (Be with Yoga Be at Home) based on various aspects of Common Yoga Protocol has also been started, which will be telecast on DD India channel.
International Day of Yoga
International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on 21st June. This year International Yoga Day will be celebrated under the theme “Yoga at home and Yoga with Family”.
- The first Yoga Day at the world level was celebrated in the year 2015 at Rajpath, New Delhi. It set a Guinness World Record for having the world’s largest yoga session with 35,985
- After this, during the 69th session of the ‘United Nations General Assembly’ on 11 December 2014, by passing a resolution, 21 June was declared to be celebrated as International Day of Yoga / World Yoga Day.
- June 21 is known as Summer Solstice, often known as the longest day of the year in India. On June 21st, the Northern Hemisphere is tilted towards the sun. The rays of the sun fall directly on the Tropic of Cancer.
Source – The Hindu