LinkedIn Opportunity Index 2021
- LinkedIn Opportunity Index 2021 was recently published. The report focuses on the manner women perceive their opportunities.
- This is a new report by online professional network LinkedIn.
- This report shows how gender discrimination, in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic in India, is slowing down women’s career progress.
- In this survey, more than 10,000 respondents participated in the Asia Pacific The survey covered 2,285 respondents from India.
- This report also states that, 37% of working women in India get fewer opportunities than men.37% of women are paid less than men.
- Covid-19 pandemic has affected working women of India most compared to the working women of the other countries.
- Approximately 85%, or four out of five working women in India, believe that they have been denied salary increment, promotion, or work opportunities due to their gender. An average 60% woman in the Asia Pacific region is under this category.
- This index states that working women in India are struggling for equal pay and opportunity.
- According to women, their companies are biased towards men.Out of 22% of working women in India, one in five women is unhappy with opportunities to grow in their career.
- LinkedIn’s findings further state that women now seek employers who treat them equally. Other women want them to work according to their skills.
Challenges before Women:
- Lack of time and, biased family care.
- Gender barriers to opportunity
- Lack of guidance through the network.
- Workplace discrimination due to domestic responsibilities.
Source – The Hindu