Indus Best Mega Food Park inaugurated in Chhattisgarh
Recently, in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, the Union Minister of Food Processing Industries inaugurated ‘Indus Best Mega Food Park’ through virtual medium.
About 5000 people will get employment from ‘Indus Best Mega Food Park’ and about 25000 farmers will also be benefitted. It is to be known that, it has been built under the ‘Mega Food Park Scheme’.
About Indus Best Mega Food Park:
- This park was started in the year 2008-09 to increase the food processing sector as well as reduce food wastage at each stage of the supply chain. The Mega Food Park scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in India.
- Modern infrastructure for food processing along the farm to market value chain with strong forward and backward linkages is created under the ‘Mega Food Park’ cluster based approach.
The objective of ‘Mega Food Park’ is to directly connect the agricultural produce with the market by bringing farmers, processors and retailers on a single platform, by which value addition of food products can be made, and new employment opportunities can be provided in rural areas by reducing wastage and increasing the income of farmers.
The ‘Mega Food Park’ scheme is based on the “cluster” approach. It envisages creation of state-of-the-art infrastructure in a well-defined agriculture/horticulture sector for setting up of modern food processing units in industrial plots, with a well-established supply chain.
- For this scheme, the central government provides financial assistance of up to fifty crore rupees for each mega food park project.
- The project is implemented through a Special Purpose Vehicle- SVP, a body corporate registered under the ‘Companies Act, 2013’. SVP is a subsidiary company, created for a specific business purpose or activity.
- A total of 22 Mega Food Parks are functioning in India so far. This is the form of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Aatm Nirbhar Bharat’ vision of the Government of India.
Source – PIB