Indo – US Science and Technology Forum
The US-Indian Artificial Intelligence Initiative has recently been launched by the Indo – US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF).
It may be noted that this initiative focuses on the cooperation of Artificial Intelligence in the important areas which are included in the priorities of the two countries.
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum is a bilateral organization funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, and the US Department of State,
The US India Artificial Intelligence Initiative is a forum to discuss opportunities, challenges and barriers to research and development of bilateral artificial intelligence.
Developing an artificial intelligence workforce and enabling artificial intelligence innovation will help share ideas
Artificial Intelligence in India
- India was ranked third in the world for research in Artificial Intelligence in a report released by research agency “Itihaasa” of Infosys co-founder Gopalakrishnan.
- In India, AI is currently being used by the private sector to provide better services, find market patterns, language processing, and advice people. Adobe has set up an AI lab in Hyderabad.
- Last year, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) set up a policy group to frame the framework on AI. In February 2018, the Maharashtra government, in collaboration with Canada, announced the formation of the country’s first AI center. In the Budget 2019, the formation of a ‘National Artificial Intelligence Center’ was announced by the Central Government by July 2019.
- Nowadays programming of computer systems is done in such a way that, they can do such tasks which otherwise are possible only with human intelligence. Therefore, artificial intelligence in computer science refers to the reflection of intelligence similar to humans by a computer, robot, or other machine.
- Artificial intelligence is the ability to imitate the power of the human brain by a computer or machine, which includes learning from examples and experiences, identifying objects, understanding and reacting to language, making decisions, solving problems, and a combination of other such abilities include the ability to perform the same tasks as humans.
- Currently, artificial intelligence is used in various fields like education, health, space science, defense, transport and agriculture.
Source – PIB