Indian Govt Slams Islamic Body for Inviting Hurriyat
Recently, the Foreign Minister level meeting of OIC is proposed in Islamabad. The OIC has also invited the Hurriyat chief to attend this meeting. This is the reason why India has criticized the OIC.
- It is the second largest intergovernmental organization after the United Nations.
- It tries to safeguard the interests of the Muslim world and take safeguards for it. For this the OIC strives to promote international peace and harmony among different peoples of the world.
- Members: 57 countries of the world are its members.
- Headquarters: It is headquartered in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- India is not a member of it.
Source – The Hindu