India organized International Museum Day 2021
- International Museum Day IMD has been celebrated on May 18, 2021, all over the world. This year the theme of the day was ‘The Future of Museums – Recover and Reimagine’.
- On this day, several conferences have been organized by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India to consider the priorities of culture and the role of museums in the context of the COVID-19
- ‘Culture’ is a real reflection of the level of development and civilization of any country. India is a repository of archaeological sites and its cultural richness is famous all over the world.
- That is why the Government of India is paying special attention to make its cultural wealth accessible to the people and to preserve it.
International Museum Day (IMD)
- International Museum Day is celebrated annually on 18 May worldwide.
- The main purpose of observing this day is to spread awareness about the important role of museums in the social development of human beings.
- International Museum Day is organized globally every year by the International Council of Museums-ICOM.
- International Museum Day was first celebrated in 1977 by ‘ICOM’. Since then, it is being organized globally every year.
Importance of museum
- According to the International Council of Museums (ICOM), museums are an important tool in cultural exchange, promotion of cultures, mutual understanding, cooperation, and peace between people.
International Council of Museums-ICOM
- The International Council of Museums is a non-governmental organization established globally in It is headquartered in Paris.
- The International Council of Museums has a formal relationship with UNESCO. At the same time this organization places an advisor with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. This organization promotes and promotes cultural heritage globally.
Source – Indian Express