India’s first LNG-fuelled green truck
Recently a Singapore-based company-backed start-up ‘Blue Energy Motors’ has unveiled India’s first LNG fuelled green truck.
Liquified Natural Gas-LNG
- LNG is the liquid form of natural gas, usually shipped in large quantities to countries where pipeline expansion is not possible.
- Natural gas is brought to a liquid state by cooling to 160 °C. During the process of making liquefied natural gas from natural gas, many impurities are separated, so LNG is called the purest form of natural gas.
- LNG is a natural gas. It is then cooled to a liquid state at about -260 degrees Fahrenheit for transportation and storage.
- The volume of natural gas in the liquid state is about 600 times less than its volume in the gaseous state in a natural gas pipeline.
- Regulatory responsibilities related to LNG have been delegated to the Department of Energy.
Source- The Hindu