IN-EUNAVFOR Joint Exercise
Recently, the Indian Navy for the first time participated in a joint exercise with a naval force of the European Union held in the Gulf of Aden.
The joint naval exercise named ‘IN-EUNAVFOR’ started from June 18, 2021, in which India’s warship Trikand has participated in this war exercise.
- Warships from the French, Spanish and Italian navies have also participated in this naval exercise.
- Organized by the European Union Naval Force, the 2-day naval exercise included advanced air defense and anti-submarine exercises, cross-deck helicopter operations, tactical maneuvers, boarding operations, search and rescue and man overboard exercises.
- The navies involved in this joint exercise will also endeavor to enhance and improve their combat prowess and their capability as a unified force to promote peace, security and stability in the maritime domain.
- It should be noted that all the countries involved in this war exercise are working unitedly under the charter of the World Food Program (UN WFP) on many issues including ‘counter piracy operations’ and security of deployed ships.
- These exercises can play an important role in enhancing the capability of coordination, coordination and interoperability between India and other countries.
Source – The Hindu