‘Hybrid or part time terrorist’
Recently ‘hybrid or part time terrorists’ have emerged as a new challenge before the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
An increase in terrorist attacks has been recorded in the Kashmir Valley. These attacks are being carried out by part time or hybrid terrorists.
About Hybrid Terrorists
- They are not included in the terrorist list of security forces, but they are in touch with terrorists.
- The hybrid terrorist could be some guy around who has been groomed by the fundamentalists to carry out the terrorist incident and is put on stand by mode.
- He completes the task assigned to him and then waits for the next assignment from his chief. Meanwhile, he leads a normal life as a normal person.
- Such terrorists use weapons like ‘pistols and grenades’ to create an atmosphere of terror and fear.
Challenges posed by Hybrid Terrorism:
- Security forces track down complete terrorists or Over Ground Workers (OGWs). Part time or hybrid terrorists have difficulty identifying and tracking them. The reason for this is that they are working people like normal people.
- OGWs are individuals who provide logistical support, cash, accommodation and other facilities to extremists or terrorists.
- It is difficult to arrest, detain or kill them in encounters.
- Security forces are resorting to technical tools and cyber surveillance to identify such people.
Source – The Hindu