The most common query of civil servant aspirants is that whether they should prepare for civil services from home or not? The answer is ‘Yes’. It can be prepared well enough but the one who is preparing for the UPSC civil services must have will power, confidence as well as a level of high patience and access to good online ias preparation study material.
First of all, we will discuss some of the advantages of preparation while staying at home for UPSC Civil Service Examination. These are:
- Good food, water and hygienic environment are difficult to find in the congested places in Delhi.
- It provides you an opportunity to choose your own style of preparation which lends your preparation certain uniqueness.
- You need not to waste time on daily chores like laundry, preparing breakfast, cleaning your room, etc since it will all be taken care of at home which saves a lot of time and energy, which can be utilized for more productive preparation.
- No matter how many ‘good friends’ you have in your coaching centre, they will never be able to match up to the kind of care and attention, your parents will provide.
- Internet is ubiquitous now! You need not to worry about people residing in Delhi getting any kind of advantage because of their location. Civil Service prep is a level playing field now and I have experienced it firsthand. Many IAS online coaching websites are changing the dynamics of the game these days.
- If there is financial constraint then it is better to give you first attempt while preparing from home and then take a call on whether you need to dole out money to the IAS training academy or not.
Here, we are providing you strategy that would help you in preparing well for UPSC.
- Smart Preparation: Efforts in the right direction with the right approach at right time along with hard work never turns into a waste.
- Practice Mock Tests: Join best online coaching for IAS to practice mock tests which is beneficial for every candidate. Mock tests will help you in realizing your real strengths and weaknesses.
- Study Material: Take Quality study material for online IAS preparation which plays very important role in preparation for exams. Referring many books create confusion in the mind but you can refer any good book or best online coaching for ias material which has good concepts in it.
- Improve Your Basics: If your concepts clear enough then just polish your strengths and work on weaknesses. You should internalize the syllabus and practice accordingly.
- Self-made Notes:Try to make notes on important topic because notes are very helpful for revision and fast grasping of the concepts.
- Revision Strategy:it is must to have revision on the proper timings and devote more time to the weak areas.
- Time Management:Management of time is very important and this comes with a practice.
Also Read: How to Prepare For IAS? A Top Study Plan
Take a leap of faith and prepare from home and it is certainly possible to get through UPSC with the help of good ias online coaching. The required thing is you must have a passion to invest, at least, ten hours per day. This “Divine time”, if utilized in a focused manner, it can certainly bring in miracles.
The action-plan, stated below, should be strictly adhered to:
- Start liking the subjects you have opted, then you will have self driven interest in the subjects- which makes you prepare more interesting.
- Prepare an analytical subject first followed by descriptive subject. Develop the habit of making notes, marking/highlighting the important portion of reading material.
- Try to have clear understanding of the basic concepts.
- Never mix-up analytical subject and descriptive subject. But you can mix-up easy subject, when you are tired with a tough subject.
- Every hour, keep changing the subject, when you are reading something dull, difficult or boring, keeping your attention focused for one hour is also a challenge.
- Before you start the next subject, relax for 15 minutes to enhance your understanding capacity.
- Take the mock test of previous year papers at the weekend.
- Then try to figure out your weak areas and work upon it.
- Try to concentrate on the study despite so many diversions.
- Your must do some interesting things to change your mood and calm-down your mind. You can use your break time to watch songs and news on TV.
- You can also take the help of light melodious background music to energise yourself, if needed.
- Do not waste your time in unnecessary things/activities .
- Avoid junk food and anything with preservative to keep yourself healthy all throughout your preparation.
- Surf through some ias training academy website to get some fodder material.
Be truthful and rigorous in your efforts and the success is most likely will come to your doorsteps.
Also, Read: HOW TO SUCCEED IN IAS (MAINS) AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS