Hindi Diwas 2022
Hindi Diwas or National Hindi Day has been celebrated recently on 14th September 2022.
The Prime minister of India greeted people and said that its simplicity, spontaneity, and sensitivity always attract people. He further extended greetings to all those people who have contributed tirelessly in making Hindi prosperous and empowered.
History of celebrating Hindi Divas:
- Hindi Diwas or National Hindi Day is celebrated every year in India on 14 September to mark the day of the adoption of Hindi as an official language by the Constituent Assembly of India in the year 1949.
- The decision to use Hindi as the official language of India was taken by the Constitution of India on January 26, 1950 and it was decided by the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, to celebrate this day as Hindi Diwas.
- Hindi language is also included in the Eighth Schedule. Hindi is not a classical language.
- Article 351 deals with ‘Promotion and upliftment of Hindi language’.
Initiatives of the Government to promote Hindi:
- The Central Hindi Directorate was established in the year 1960 by the Government of India under the Ministry of Education to promote and propagate Hindi.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations has established ‘Hindi Chairs’ in various universities/institutions abroad to promote Hindi language.
- Leela-Rajbhasha (Learning Indian Language through Artificial Intelligence) is a multimedia based self-learning application for learning Hindi.
- Both the initiatives of the Department of Official Language, e-Saral Hindi Vacancy Kosh and e-Mahashabdkosh Mobile App, aim to use information technology for the development of Hindi.
- Rajbhasha Gaurav Puraskar and Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar are given to those who have contributed to the development of Hindi language.
Source- The Hindu