Henley Passport Index 2021
- Recently released Henley Passport Index 2021. In this, the Indian passport position has reached 85th position in the list of the strongest passports in the world.
- The Henley Passport Index is issued annually by Henley & Partners for 16 years.
Henley Passport Index :
- The Henley Passport Index is a global ranking system in which different countries are ranked based on the freedom their citizens receive in tourism.
- The index, launched in 2006, was previously named the Henley & Partners Visa Restrictions Index, which was renamed the Henley Passport Index in January 2018.
- Passports are ranked in this index on the basis of how many countries can travel through them “without a VISA”.
Ranking Techniques :
- Passports in the Henley Passport Index are ranked based on how many other areas, through them, can be traveled without pre-visas. For this, all the major destination countries and regions mentioned in the Intermediate Air Transport Authority (IATA) database are considered.
- The index is based on data provided by The International Air Transport Association (IATA) concerning 199 passports and 227 tourist destinations.
Important facts related to Henley Passport Index 2021:
This year, the Henley Passport Index – in 2021, the top countries are mostly European. However, the top three places are Asian countries. These three countries are:
Japan: 191 countries in the world with passports of Japan can be traveled without a visa.
Singapore: 190 countries in the world with a passport of Singapore can be traveled without a visa.
South Korea and Germany: 189 countries in the world with passports of South Korea and Germany can be traveled with a passport here.
Source – The Hindu