Government of India will establish ‘OneStop Centers’ in Foreign Countries
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India is setting up OneStop Centers (OSCs) in 9 countries. One-Stop Centers (OSCs) are being set up to prevent cases of violence against women.
In which countries will one-stop centers (OSCs) be set up?
- Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Canada, Australia and Singapore etc will have one one-stop centers each, while two one-stop centers will be set up in Saudi Arabia.
Operation of One-Stop Centers
- It should be noted that all One-Stop Centers (OSCs) are being set up by the Ministry of Women and Child Development while it will be operated by the Ministry of External Affairs.
Existing One-Stop Centers (OSCs)
- However, till date, around 701 One Stop Centers are being operated in the country since 2015 in 35 States and Union Territories. Since 2015, three lakh women have been provided assistance through these centers.
Functions of One Stop Center Scheme
- The scheme will be funded through the Nirbhaya Fund created in 2015 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. It is a centrally sponsored scheme and its main objective is to solve the problem of violence against women.
- The scheme was launched under Umbrela Scheme of the National Mission for Empowerment of Women and the the “Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana”.
In all these situations, these One Stop Centers help women-
- Emergency Response and Rescue Services
- Medical facility
- Assistance to women in registering FIRs
- Psychologist-Social Favors and Guidance
- Legal Aid and Counseling
- Video conferencing facility
Source – Indian Express