Global Employment Trends for Youth: ILO
Recently the International Labor Organization (ILO) has released the report ‘Global Employment Trends for Youth 2022’.
It is a confirmation that COVID-19 has done more damage to the youth than any other age group.
Key findings of report –
- The challenges of the labor market have increased due to the pandemic for people in the age group of 15 to 24 years.
- The number of unemployed youth globally is projected to reach 73 million in the year 2022.
- India has also seen a decline in employment for the youth.
- In India, on an average 92% of children have lost at least one basic language ability. 82% of children have lost at least one basic ability in math
- The participation of young women in the labor market in India is very low. The participation of young Indian women in the global youth labor market is only 5%.
- Teachers in non-government schools are paid much less than government schools.
Source – The Hindu