G7 Hiroshima Summit 2023
Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Japan to attend the annual summit of the G7 group and the meeting of the top leaders of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quad) group.
The members of this group are: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States and the European Union.
Key findings of the Hiroshima Summit –
- The G7 will form a ministerial forum called the “Hiroshima AI Process”. The purpose of setting up this forum is to discuss issues related to generative AI such as copyright and disinformation.
- The conference called upon the world’s major economies to commit to achieving net-zero emissions status by 2050.
- However, India has already announced that it will be able to achieve net-zero emission status only by 2070.
- The Coordination Platform on Economic Coercion was launched. The main purpose of this forum is to collectively assess the use of economic pressure by a country, prepare to deal with it, develop resistance and enhance response.
- The Hiroshima Action Statement for Resilient Global Food Security is launched. The purpose of this action statement is to address the global food crisis. Also, to develop a more resilient, sustainable and inclusive food system.
- The G7 countries also confirmed that they are not decoupling from China, but de-risking their dependence on it. He also says that his approach is based on a strategy to diversify and strengthen partnerships.
Source – The Hindu