Stay Safe Online and G20 Digital Innovation Alliance
Recently the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) has launched the ‘Stay Safe Online’ campaign and the ‘G20 Digital Innovation Alliance (DIA).
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) is the nodal agency for the G20 Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG).
- MeitY will focus on three priority areas during India’s G20 Presidency.
- These areas are Digital Public Infrastructure (DPI), Cyber Security and Digital Skill Development.
- DPI includes the basic population-level technology systems on which the digital economy operates.
- These include identification systems, payment systems, data exchanges and social registries. For example Aadhaar, and UPI Digital system.
Stay Safe Online Campaign
- It aims to raise awareness among citizens to stay safe in the online world. This has become necessary due to the widespread use of social media platforms and rapid adoption of digital payments.
- This includes dissemination of awareness related content in different languages through infographics etc.
G20 Digital Innovation Alliance (G20-DIA)
- It aims to identify, recognize and enable adoption of innovative and impactful digital technologies developed by start-ups from G20 member states as well as invited non-member nations.
- Under this, digital solutions related to six themes will be obtained.
- These topics are Agri-Tech, Health-Tech, Ed-Tech, Fintech, Secured Digital Infrastructure and Circular Economy.
Source – PIB