Exercise Surya Kiran XVI
Recently the 16th edition of Indo-Nepal joint training exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XVI” is being conducted from 16 to 29 December 2022 at Nepal Army Battle School, Saljhandi (Nepal).
- In this, the soldiers of Nepal Army of Sri Bhavani Baksh Battalion and 5 G.R. Indian Army personnel from will participate in the exercise.
- Both the armies, through these contingents, will share experiences gained during the conduct of various counter-insurgency operations in their respective countries over the years.
- The joint exercise will focus on tactical operational planning and disaster response mechanisms in counter-terrorist operations and the role of the armed forces in disaster management.
- During the exercise, the participants will train together to develop inter-operability and also share their experiences on counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations and humanitarian relief operations.
- The joint military exercise will boost defense cooperation and bilateral relations between the two countries.
Surya Kiran Exercise
- It is a military exercise conducted annually between India and Nepal. It is held alternately in both the countries.
- It aims to enhance interoperability in jungle warfare and counter-terrorist operations in mountainous terrain under the mandate of the United Nations.
- To establish military relations in inaccessible mountainous areas by the soldiers of both the countries.
- Providing humanitarian assistance under disaster management.
- Providing training for anti-terrorist operations.
- To establish interoperability and expertise between the two countries.
- The 15th edition of Surya Kiran was organized in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand in India.
Source – PIB