E-Visa Services restored for 156 countries
Recently, the Union Home Ministry has restored the facility of electronic visa (e-visa) for 156 countries.
The electronic visa is for individuals who wish to come to India for business, conferences and medical reasons, including medical assistants. It should be known that the e-visa service for tourists has not been restored yet.
- The e-visa system was introduced by the government in the year 201 The Ministry of Home Affairs is its nodal ministry, which grants visas to foreigners.
- It is to be noted that e-Visa is offered in five categories – Tourist, Business, Conference, Medical and Medical
- One can apply for e-Visa online for four days before traveling
- After verification of the details of the applicant, an ‘Electronic Travel Authorization’ is issued, which is to be shown at the check post after arrival in the
- Entry through e-visa is allowed only at 28 designated international airports and five major ports in
- However, before the sanctions were announced in 2020, the service was available to people in 171 Now this facility has been restored for 156 countries only.
- Countries like China, UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia are not included in
Source – The Hindu