Recently, Assam has become the state with the most national parks after Madhya Pradesh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. At present there are total 7 national parks in Assam. Dihing Patkai is the 7th national park of Assam.
- It may be noted that there are 12 national parks in Madhya Pradesh and 9 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The Dihing Patkai National Park in Assam is home to 47 species of reptiles and mammals, including tigers and clouded leopards.
- The following are all the national parks of Assam: Kaziranga, Manas, Nameri, Orang, Dibru-Saikhowa, Raimona National Park and Dihing Patkai.
- It may be noted that the Kaziranga and Manas National Parks of Assam are recognized as UNESCO World Heritage Sites and are also Tiger Reserves along with Nameri and Orang National Parks.
- The ‘Raymona National Park’ is located to the west of the Buxa Tiger Reserve in West Bengal and is bounded by the Pepsu Wildlife Sanctuary of Bhutan in the north and Manas National Park in the east.
Source : PIB