Digital Fertility Map
Recently, a Digital Fertility Map has been prepared by the scientists of Kishanganj Agricultural University, Bihar.
Benefits for farmers:
- Using this digital fertility map, farmers can easily decide which crop they should grow in which area for better returns.
- Farmers can grow new crops and do crop diversification.
- With this, the farmers can decide the right amount of fertilizers after knowing the fertility level of the soil of their field. This will give them a bumper yield.
- The increasing digitization of land records and the fertility details of the land are of great concern to agricultural scientists and farmers.
- It is feared that this data may be misused by private companies and big corporate houses for various purposes like land acquisition and lending, which can put farmers in trouble.
Source – The Hindu