The Davos Agenda 2022: World Economic Forum
The World Economic Forum (WEF) is organizing its annual meeting in Davos Agenda .
Key points of the meeting:
The Indian Prime Minister addressed the Davos agenda of the World Economic Forum (WEF) via video conferencing. The main topics during the address were as follows –
One Earth, One Health:
- Following its vision of ‘One Earth, One Health’ during the COVID-19 pandemic, India saved many lives by exporting essential medicines and vaccines.
- India has distributed 1154.173 lakh doses of COVID-19 vaccines to 97 countries till 31st December 2021.
Pro-Planet Peoples (P3) Approach:
- The idea of a “P3 (Pro-Planet-People) Movement” was proposed at the Global Forum (UNFCCC COP 26) underlining India’s commitment to climate change.
- Reiterated India’s “Clean, Green, Sustainable and Reliable” energy goals, which focus on achieving net-zero carbon emissions by the year 2070.
Importance of ‘World Economic Forum’ (WEF):
The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss non-profit organization established in the year 1971 in Geneva (Switzerland). It is recognized by the Swiss government as an international organization for public-private cooperation.
- Political and corporate figures including heads of state, policy makers, top executives, industrialists, media personalities and technical experts from various countries participate in the World Economic Forum summit.
- Deliberations at the WEF influence decisions made by the public sector and the corporate world, particularly on issues of global importance such as poverty, social challenges, climate change and global economic recovery.
- This meeting of prominent personalities from the economic, corporate and political sectors at the ‘Ski Resort’ in Switzerland provides the perfect opportunity to find solutions to the global challenges that emerge from time to time.
Following are the major reports published by WEF:
- Energy Transition Index (ETI)
- Global Competitiveness Report
- Global Gender Gap Report
- Global Risk Report
- Global Travel and Tourism Report
Source: The Hindu