COVIRAP Test Kit
- Recently Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur has successfully commercialized its flagship product COVIRAP (COVIRAP Test Kit) related to the investigation of corona infection.
- Through commercialization, this fully indigenously developed product will be available at an affordable price in the international market including the Indian market.
- It should be noted that in October last year, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) recognized its testing.
- However, the team of researchers has developed a more advanced version of the ‘COVIRAP’ product for the rapid diagnosis of various pathogenic infections, including SARS-CoV-
- Results can be achieved within 45 minutes only on the basis of samples received from the patient through this kit.
- According to the researchers, the area of this test kit is more extensive, which means that it is also able to detect corona infections, as well as diseases such as influenza, malaria, dengue, Japanese encephalitis, tuberculosis etc.
Source – The Hindu