Cordy Gold Nanoparticles (Cor-AuNPs)
Recently scientists from four Indian institutions including Bodoland University have developed Cordy Gold Nanoparticles (Cor-AuNPs).
It has been developed to speed up and ensure drug delivery in the human body. These nanoparticles have received an international patent from Germany.
Cordy Gold Nanoparticles–
- These nanoparticles have been obtained from extracts of Cordyceps militaris (a high value parasitic fungus) and synthesis of gold salts.
- Cordyceps militaris is a valuable parasitic fungus developed in the laboratory of the Technology Incubation Center (TIC) of the Department of Biotechnology, Bodoland University.
- Cordyceps militaris is called super mushroom because of its superior medicinal properties adding bioactive components to the synthesis of gold nanoparticles for better penetration. Whereas wild cordyceps mushroom is found in the eastern Himalayan region.
- Gold salts are ionic chemical compounds of gold commonly used in medicine.
- Biosynthesized nanogold particles indicate new applications of nanoparticles in the development of therapeutic drugs that can be delivered in ointments, tablets, capsules and other forms.
Source – The Hindu